Sunday, July 12, 2009

Old School

Being a "tech guy", it is nice to go "Old School" every now and then. My current hobby is acoustic guitars. All analog, all the time. So far I've built two "prototypes", which I'll blog about eventually, and three "real" guitars.

The "real" guitars are essentially prototypes as well, but for the most part they are normal dreadnought guitars.

My first guitar (lovely referred to as "guitar 1", did I mention I'm a tech guy[1]?), simply sounds amazing. I'm growing fonder of "guitar 2" as I dial it in. "Guitar 3" started off as an exercise in bending wood, and ended up as a full-tilt guitar (you'd be just as shocked at how good it sounds as you'll be about how it was built ;-)

My plan is to blog guitar 4 step-by-step. Of course I'm already several steps in, so I've already blown this mission. I guess I'll just have to build guitar 5....

[1] Yes, as a good geek, this is indeed zero indexed. Prototype #1 is guitar 0, prototype #2 is guitar 0.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment